Tip 3) Keep Your Home In Working Order
Increase your home's chance of being sold by ensuring that the mechanical and
electrical components are in working order.
- Be sure light switches, lamps and fixtures (inside and outside the home) are working properly and all light bulbs have appropriate wattage.
- Remember, bright light can make a small space appear larger.
- Softer light can provide a warm, cozy atmosphere to empty spaces.
- Re-enamel, patch or replace badly chipped or stained fixtures.
- Repair noisy toilets and faucets that leak or spray water.
- Ensure that sprinkler systems and outdoor faucets are working properly.
Heating and Cooling Equipment
- Ensure that heaters and air conditioners are working properly.
- Clean floor and wall ducts.
- Check batteries in smoke detectors.
- Be sure security systems are working properly.