Tip 1) Increasing Your Home's Curb Appeal
Your home's exterior is the first thing a potential buyer sees, when visiting your
home. The following tips will help you increase your home's curbside appeal and create
a strong first impression to potential home buyers.
- Replace missing slats, stakes and posts.
- Repair broken hinges and paint or stain the fence if necessary.
- Mow, trim and fertilize the lawn.
- Weed flower beds and replace dead plants and trees.
Driveway, Garage, Carport
- Clean up grease or oil spots on concrete surfaces.
- Make sure the garage door opens freely and the automatic door opener is working.
- Provide an unobstructed view of your home from the street by not parking cars, boats or other vehicles in the driveway.
- Polish door handles and door knockers.
- Replace worn or broken items, such as an unsightly mailbox or rusty doorbell.
- Be sure porch lights are working and add welcoming features such as a new door mat and flowering plants.
Siding and Trim
- Consider painting the highlight features of your home, such as trim work, shutters, gutters, downspouts and railings.
- If necessary, add a fresh coat of exterior paint to the exterior siding.
- Remove debris such as tree branches and leaves.
- Straighten the TV antenna.
- Make any necessary repairs to worn shingles or cracked surfaces.
- Flowering plants and outdoor furniture add appeal.
- Remove any unnecessary items such as gardening equipment.
- Tidy any visible items, such as an outdoor grill or barbecue.